Tea Time: Creme Maurice

 photo crememaurice2_zpslt9dbcnh.png

After church one Sunday four years ago, I tasted my first cup of tea. The first cup that resonated with me. I remember it being a chilly day tucked into my warmest sweater as far away from home as Mount Snowden is from the Empire State Building. Even though by that time I had been away from home for months, my heart was still foraging for the warmth and comfort contained in my father's boyish antics or my mother's gleaming brown eyes when she's proud of me. That smoky morning after church, instead of racing back to my dorm, I thought I would stay for tea, tickled that they actually served Twinings in proper cups and saucers (because lets face it, New Yorkers don't really have the time to get out the china). After one sip, I thought of all the other cups of tea I've tasted throughout my life, normally whilst fighting a cold with a splash of lemon, and it this one cup tasting of home cooked breakfasts, and toast, and your comfiest sweater all at once that did it for me. I didn't think it was possible for tea to taste so wonderful, to be honest, and that one sip, along with countless amounts of tea after every meal since then, caused a bit of an obsession that my cabinets are taking the brunt of.

I've been collecting teas for a while now, and I thought I would share and review my findings. Note, that I am no expert, I just love a good cup of tea everyday.

 photo crememaurice_zpsmphsapaj.png

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough, or a book long enough to suit me."
-C.S. Lewis

Every Fall my family and I make a day trip to Sleepy Hollow for a nice day of warm cider, and racing away from Headless, of course. During my last visit to the small village, I discovered that they had a tea house called Silver Tips Tea. It was so adorable with its quaint tables covered with tiered trays of tea sandwiches and scones. That day I came home with a lovely floral tea pot, and a bag of Creme Maurice Tea, which I believe is one of their signatures. Creme Maurice is a strong black tea with a creamy vanilla base that has become my absolute favorite. Steep it for 5 to 7 minutes. Pour into your favorite cup and inch or two from the rim, and add milk filling the space. Its creamy base is further enhanced by the amount of milk you use.

Keep In Mind
Creme Maurice is quite strong. One of Silver Tips Tea's sales representatives expressed that it's the coffee drinkers tea, and though I don't believe it bears a close resemblance to coffee tastewise, it is highly caffeinated. Although I can drink lattes and other iced coffee drinks, there's something about a hot cup of coffee that makes me nervous and jittery. I might call this tea the coffee drinkers tea for people who don't or can't drink coffee.

 photo crememaurice3_zpsi4cbqy7r.png  photo crememaurice4_zpsmi5gywkj.png photo crememaurice5_zpst5z5kghy.png

Creme Maurice is a beautiful tea with a decadent elegance that reminds me of Marie Antoinette.


No comments:

Post a Comment